Nov 17, 2017
available from £350
at a date and time that suits you
This 1 day course is a follow-on course to SETTING UP A SIMPLE WEBSITE . Diving deeper into using WordPress, a free website design application. You will learn to customise your website’s templates and themes to create impact and make it look unique.
What you will learn:
- Customising your site’s colour scheme
- Changing the font, size and colour of your text
- Using plugins and widgets
- Adding slideshows
- Inserting maps and contact forms
- Introduction to coding languages like HTML and CSS
- An overview of SEO / Search engine optimisation
- Choosing a website host
- Publishing your website
- Registering your site with Google and other search engines
Who this course is for:
- Ideal for start-ups and small charities.
- No coding skills needed. You should have completed our course SETTING UP A SIMPLE WEBSITE or have some basic knowledge of WordPress.
What to expect when leaving the course:
Delegates will leave the course knowing how to set up a website from scratch. If they wish, they will be able to start creating their own website on the course and leave with a well structured framework which they can then finish on their own.
Software package used:
This course will use WordPress, a free, powerful website design application that can be mastered without coding knowledge.